6.13.2009

First Post

As you've probably figured out, this is my first post! It's as much of a test as it is an introduction, so I suppose I'll start with the introduction. I'm a 30 year old software developer residing in Houston, TX USA. I have been in the industry for about 11 years, and have worked in many sectors including the gaming sector, oil and gas sector, as well as for a number of ISVs. My expertise is in programming fast, correct code, particularly in C++ although I'm interested in and/or have experience in a number of different languages including x86 Assembly, F#, Haskell, and C# (to name a few). I love programming anything low level, and I'm also somewhat turned on by C++ template metaprogramming. Besides my actual on-the-job work that I deal with daily, I spend a significant amount of time outside of work researching and/or hacking around in a variety of topics that interest me. This includes topics such as malware analysis, graphical algorithms and techniques, assembly optimization, reverse engineering, Boost, artificial intelligence, and learning foreign languages. It might seem a little out of place grouping foreign languages in with all these other unrelated things, but I find that the methods of thinking required to learn all the details and nuances of a foreign languages parallel those that are used when one is trying to solve a complex software / mathematical problem. As this blog evolves I intend to eventually touch on all of these topics. I hope that, at the very least, a nonzero amount of people find something interesting here :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP